Welcome Spring

Welcome Spring

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Still More Florals!





I just love floral design! It has always been on the top of my list as things I so enjoy doing and learning about. Nearly 20 years ago hubby and I lived in Germantown Tennessee and I was able to take classes at Ramsey's school of florist design in downtown Memphis. Boy, did that give me an addiction I still have today! lol. I guess it is like any thing else, you finally decide on a style and mine of choice is European traditional design. The concept of flowers being a part of everyday life just suits me to a tea!  Oh, I know there are many who are not fond of "fake", but for me that has no green thumb at all, the fake is a blessing. lol. The artificial flowers that are now manufactured are nothing like in the "old" days. They are beautiful and last for as long as they are taken care of. The ones shown in the pictures are just a sample of what is out there. Containers are something else I am always on the hunt for. Flea markets, garage sales, and goodwill offer a wonderful variety and I try to keep several on hand. For this particular one, this container was given to me and I couldn't wait to fill it up and put it on my dining room table. I also love to use fruit and berries, looooove the lemons.  So now my table has gone from Christmas to something that will be staying for awhile. I will have to post pictures of my shop soon to. A place where I can make a mess and then leave it. A place where I can create and be so thankful for one of the blessings God has given to me. I hope you have a wonderful and safe week!
I will be linking up with Metamorphosis Monday, here is the link, please check them out you will be inspired.  Also check out Elements Interiors Whassap Wednesday!

http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2011/01/baseball-themed-bed-room-welcome-to.html

http://www.elements-interiors.net/2011/01/so-i-got-this-cute-lil-award-from-traci.html

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Shirley,

This is so beautiful. I love the former post with the "rooster" floral too. I'm inspired. I'm going to create a floral for my breakfast nook. I combined items from two wreaths yesterday and came up with one I will be sharing in a day or so. It turned out really well.

I love your decorating style.

Have a great week!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

What an absolutely beautiful arrangement!New to your blog and been reading over your posts.Look forward to reading more.

KimMalk said...

What gorgeous flower arranging. You are very talented and were a smart woman to take classes.

Kim said...

You are one very talented lady! Your florals are spectacular!! I've been enjoying your blog just now and looking at your lovely home. Glad to meet you.
xoxo,
Kim