Welcome Spring

Welcome Spring

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Love Those Birdnests!







I do just love those birds nests. Seems like I am seeing them everywhere! So for my project for today, since it is a little cool outside was to make something for a table in my family room. I first started with some old books I had taken the backs off and then antiqued the pages, (an idea from Pottery Barn)  of course I did have to add a little gold (they didn't) . Next I had some burlap material that I just cut into strips to hold it together and make a bow. The birds nest was fun,  the nest itself was 25 cents at goodwill and the rest I had in my shop. I just glued the feathers and eggs inside and added the small branches and the berries. And it was finished, took no time at all. My den did  not have the light I needed for good pictures so I took these in the sun porch. 
Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments.
I am linking up with Wassup Wednesdays with Kara over at Elements Interiors. Be sure and check all these talented ladies!


No comments: